* Your smile can make anything right in the world. When you smile, my heart melts. Your smile tells me that happiness lives in you and you were meant to spread that happiness to everyone that you meet.
* Laughter IS the best medicine. I cherish those fleeting moments when your giggle comes out in full force. (Usually because of something silly your dad does.) No matter how uncertain the future may seem or what worries may be creeping up, your laughter helps me live in the present. If only for a moment.
* No matter what anyone says, families are created by love. That love grows stronger each and every day. When I hear your voice, when I look at that silly snoot face, when I see you learning something new, when you dance to the rhythm of the music...my love keeps growing and growing for you.
* I've learned that, more often than not, you are full of surprises. I am constantly surprised by everything that you understand, even if you can't quite tell me what that is. I was surprised that, at such a young age, you had such a strong personality that poured out in everything that you did...your passions, your fears, the tasks you accomplished.
* I also learned that I was always meant to be your mother. You bring out the best in me. You help me become the person that I want to be and need to be. You inspire patience, love, understanding, empathy, and living in the present.
I can't wait to see what this next year holds for our family. I do know one thing for sure...you will continue to bring love and joy to those you are surrounded by and we will continue to show you those things in return. Happy New Year, Grady Jin Kimmel!
|December 31, 2011|